This is an incredible double crust pie filled with cubed beef or chicken.
By Norma Graciela Palmer
- 2 pounds cubed beef or chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can chicken or beef stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP shortening
- cold water
- beaten egg, for egg wash
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Thinly slice the onions and bell pepper. Put them in a frying pan with the oil, salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent. Add the cubed beef or chicken and cook them until brown. Add the flour and stir. Add the stock and dilute the mix with it and cook for a couple of minutes.
- To make the crust, mix flour, baking powder, salt and shortening till it seems to be thick sand. Add cold water and work the dough till is firm. Divide in two parts.
- Using a rolling pin or pasta machine work the dough till it is medium thin.
- Line a pie pan with the crust and pour the meat mixture on it. Cover with the other part of the crust and paint with egg wash.
- Cook at 350F degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min